和老外沟通,英语卡住不用怕!学会这几句,长话短说没问题
1. What’s the word I’m looking for?
What’s the word/phrase/expression I’m looking for?: 什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?
“What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么
What's the word I'm looking for? Don’t remind me/Don’t tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我
2. How should I put it?
How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?
3. It’s on the tip of my tongue
It’s on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边
4. I just had it
I just had it: 我刚才还记得的
5. It’s just not coming to me
It’s just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊
It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了
6. Just give me a sec
Just give me a second: 容我想一想
Basically: 主要地,基本上
Basically, her job is to deal with foreign customers. 基本上,她的工作就是负责国外客户。
Overall: 全部地,总的来说
Overall, I was disappointed with the result. 总的来说,我对这个结果非常失望。
For the most part: 总体来说
For the most part, Paul is a good student. 总的来说,Paul是个好学生。
In any case: 无论如何,总之
In any case, I’ll see you this evening. 无论如何,我今晚会去见你。
It all boils down to: 归根结底,归结于
The issue really boils down to whether customers will be willing to pay more for the same product or not.这个问题归根结底就在于客户愿不愿意花更多的钱买相同的东西。
Long story short: 长话短说
I won’t bore you, long story short, we had a great time. 不想让你觉得无聊,我就长话短说吧,我们那天玩的很开心。
Tom, just make long story short. Tom,长话短说吧。
In short: 总之,简而言之
In short, they continue to meet at regular intervals. 总而言之,他们继续定期举行会议。
In a nutshell: 简而言之,nutshell是坚果壳。
Just give it to me in a nutshell. 说得简洁一点吧。
All in all: 总而言之
There were ups and downs, but all in all, it was good. 虽然有一些起起伏伏,但是总而言之还是挺好的。